An Ilorin-born retired Assistant Comptroller General of Immigration, ACG Abdumumini Ayo Abdulmalik (rtd), today Saturday 12th March 2022 joins the club of the setuagenarians as he clocks 70.
A highly respected member of Ilorin Emirate Durbar Committee, retired ACG Abdulmalik is a co-author of “Ilorin At A Glance” published by Durbar Committee in 2018 and a contributor to ILORIN EMIRATE IN PERISCOPE (A Compendium of Articles) published by IEDPU in 2015.
Describing the personality of the retired Immigration boss, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR said: “Alhaji Abdulmalik is a complete gentleman, full of patience and who is highly humble despite his achievements. Anybody without these qualities has not truly acheived.”
A prolific writer, the celebrant is known for his commitment for the progress and development of Ilorin Emirate through community services since his student’s days leading to his becoming the National President of Ilorin Students Union in 1978 and later National Secretary of Ilorin Descendants progressive Union (now IEDPU).
WEEKEND ROYAL NEWS gathered that since his voluntary retirement from active service, ACG Abdulmalik has surrendered himself to community services and he is currently a member of two other committees set up by the Emir of Ilorin namely; Ilorin Central Mosque Working Committee and Ilorin Eid Management and Maintenance Committee.
He also belonged to the defunct MS Book Launch Committee that handled the book presentation of Arabic Manuscripts in the Ilorin Emirate edited by Professor Mashood Jimba as well as the defunct reception comittee during the visit of HRH, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero.
The entire management of Royal News Newspaper therefore identify with him and wish him a prosperous birthday celebrations on earth.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants