President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged to sack the Minister for Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, over his alleged attempt to throw Kwara State and nation at large into serious political crisis.
The General Secretary of the Ilorin Emirate Magaji and Alangua Forum, Dr Saliu Woru Mohammed, stated this at a press conference held in Ilorin on Tuesday.
He noted that, “There is no doubt that our dear state and indeed our country are in critical period as preparations are in top gear for the 2019 general elections. It is our collective responsibility and civic duty to guide against anything that could be destructive to our peaceful cohesion or throwing our state and country into critical political crisis and it is our duty to protect the sanctity of our electoral process.
“As traditional chiefs, we are not expected to be partisan; however, we have fatherly roles to play in politics and governance, particularly as they could affect the lives and general well-being of our people and for peaceful coexistence.”
He further stressed that, “Is it now proper to allow politicians like Lai Mohammed and his cohorts, strangers, to hijack the giant trophy and destroy the legacy for their selfish political gains?
“ We should resolve today not to join them in their desperate mission to destroy or divide the emirate , hence , we appeal to you all true indigenes of Ilorin Emirate not to allow the labour of pure heroes past to be in vain.
“The legacy as it had been laid down for our honour and pride must not be allowed to be snatched from the emirate to be a clone in the hands of external imperialists to make us a laughing stock. It will be recalled that recently , Lai Mohammed made some inflammatory statement. One of them is that the recently conducted by-election in Kwara South has broken the “Berlin Wall” of the emirate and the same will repeat itself come 2019 general elections.”
Dr Woru Mohammed however advised politicians of Ilorin origin to close ranks to support the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and “not allow ourselves to be divided the unity that exists amongst us.”
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement