Stakeholders in the Ilorin Emirate have urged the newly elected executives of the Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressives Union (IEPDU) to embark on meaningful projects that will further unite and alleviate the living standard of people of the community.
Similarly, an APC Chieftain, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, in a statement signed and made available to ROYAL NEWS felicitated with the members on their emergence as executive members of the Emirate and charged them to work towards addressing acts that are alien to the Emirate.
According to him, “the new executive under the leadership of Ambassador Sheikh AbdulAzeez Uthman must ensure that insecurity issues such as kidnapping, ritual killings, cultism, drug abuses and other immoral activities that are rampant in the Emirate are urgently addressed with partnership with the state government and security operatives.”
Baraje also stressed the need to eradicate the rots in the Emirate, especially lack of respect for elders, youth restiveness , unemployment and disrespect of community heads, saying that “sanctity must be restored to the ancient city”.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78