The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association has joined Nigerians to commiserate with the people of Offa community over the unfortunate incidence of armed robbery attack which claimed lives of many innocent residents and security personnel.
ROYAL NEWS reports that some unidentified gunmen numbering about 50 launched attack on some commercial banks in the town on Thursday.
In a statement signed on Friday by the Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Uthman Muhammed Jagunmo, the group said: “We condemn this evil act in its totality and commend security agencies in the state for their prompt response to the ugly incident.
“We urge the commissioner of police to deploy more men to the affected community to intensify adequate security of lives and property in Offa and the state at large . We pray almighty Allah to restore calm in Offa community, grant the victims quick recovery and may the soul of the deceased rest in perfect peace.”
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded