Against the backdrop of the looming industrial strike in Kwara State, the leaderhsip of the Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA) has proffered a workable solution to the face off.
The group in a statement issued on Monday pleaded with the Kwara State Government and the Organized Labour to please go back to the dialogue table.
The National President, Alhaji Abdullahi Babatunde Salaudeen and the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Uthman Jagunma in state statement described the looming Labour Industrial Action as very unfortunate, sighting the fact that the Pupils just resumed back to school after sitting at home for 6months because of COVID-19 Pandemic.
It further stressed that an industrial action at this time will further crumble the situation of things, and it will infringe more sufferings on common men.
IEYDA however eulogised organized labour in the state for their patience over the minimum wage issue adding that it is no doubt their right and no one can fault their actions of resorting to Strike.
In addition, the association however pleaded with the Leadership of the Organized Labour to embrace further dialogue, for the sake of the Pupils who just resumed school and those writing their final exams (SSCE & JSCE).
IEYDA also called on the Kwara State Government under the able leadership of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq to have a second look at the Worker’s request and commit more efforts, in the interest of the masses.
The group therefore prayed for peaceful resolution between the organized oabour and the Kwara State Government within the remain hours to the commencement of indefinite strike action.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections