The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA) on Sunday frowned at the rates at which non-indigenes are using the citizenship certificates of Ilorin emirate to secure jobs at the federal level.
This is contained in a statement issued by IEYDA President, Alhaji Abdullahi Babatunde Salaudeen and the Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Uthman Jagunma, on Sunday.
The group noted that “most of non-indigenes of the state are getting the citizenship certificate through back doors.”
According to the statement, “stopping this act required the support of the district heads, community heads and Development Associations to complement government’s efforts.
The Ilorin Emirate Youth explained that future of the youths in the state is being threatened and the state Government is also loosing a huge amount of Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) as a result of the inimical act, urging the authorities concerned to stop the dastard practice.
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto