The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governor Nyesom Wike has vowed to always fight for his beliefs amid the crisis in t
Wike said he’s not a born-again Christian, hence would always fight back his aggressors.
He spoke during the birthday celebration of his Abia State counterpart, Okezie Ikpeazu.
Wike describing Ikpeazu as a quiet man who observes the Bible verse that when “they slap you, turn the other cheek”, the governor said he would retaliate rather than turn the other cheek if anybody slapped him.
According to Wike, he would blow off the head of anybody who slaps him.
He said: “Ikpeazu is a quiet man and a born-again Christian; I’m not a born-again Christian. I’m a Christian but not a born-again Christian.
“I told Ikpeazu; they said if they slap you turn the other side, but me, if you slap me here; I don’t know if I would survive the other side. So, I will blow your head off.”
Wike has been aggrieved with the PDP’s leadership following Atiku Abubakar’s emergence as the party’s presidential candidate.
With Atiku being PDP’s presidential candidate, Wike had called on the party’s National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu to resign.
The governor argued that a particular region should not provide PDP’s presidential candidate and the National Chairman.
To this end, Wike, Ikpeazu, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, and Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State have been pushing for Ayu’s removal.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy