This is coming on the heels of widespread, diverse reactions to his purported purchase of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Nomination and Expression of Interest forms valued N100million.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that three interest groups, the Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN), “Friends of Emefiele ” and “Emefiele Support Group ” had purchased the forms on his behalf.
Reacting through his verified twitter handle, Emefiele said that, should he decide to contest for the political office, he would prefer to use his personal resources.
“I am humbled by the growing interest of those asking that I run for the office of president in the 2023 general elections: I have not come to that decision.
“I note and salute the sacrifices of those farmers and patriots going as far as raising personal fundsand offering me presidential nomination forms: I thank them most profusely.
” However, should I answer their calls and decide to seek presidential nomination, I will use my own hard earned savings to buy my own nomination forms.
“I will do so without proxies, in an open and transparent manner in full compliance with the laws and Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria,” he said.
He said that he would continue to serve the country in his capacity as CBN governor until he received divine counsel to contest for a higher office.
“This is a serious decision that requires God’s Divine intervention: in the next few days The Almighty will so direct,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged