Five female victims have been rescued from a human-trafficker who was intercepted by officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service, (NIS) en route Niger Republic to Europe.
The Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede commended the Katsina State command for making it difficult for traffickers and human smugglers to use the state as a transit point.
The CG in a statement in Abuja on Saturday congratulated the team at Kongolam for being alert to their duty and operating a water-tight control and well-organized patrol in the area.
It said, “The Comptroller-General reiterated that the days of crossing our national frontiers without proper documentation and melting into border communities is over as the Special Border Corps and regular border control officers are on their toes 24/7 patrolling with the aim of enforcing adequate border security and control, while regulating human mobility in line with Federal Government directives.”
The suspect and his victims had been handed over to the Kano zonal office of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons for further necessary action.
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu