Leader of the IGP evaluation team, DCP Patrick Atayero on Monday during an inspection of some destroyed Police stations and vehicles during the EndSARS protest.
The Inspector-General of Police, Muhammad Adamu has admonished officers and men of Imo Command not to be deterred by effect of EndSARS violent protest, but to continue in the struggle against criminality.
The IGP spoke through the leader of Evaluation Team, DCP Patrick Atayero, on Monday in Owerri, who were on a two day assignment to evaluate the extent of damage done to police facilities in the state.
Adamu assured the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Isaac Akinmoyede that they were not alone in the challenging time.
“You should not be deterred by the incidents of last few weeks, but continue in your quest in ensuring the safety and security of the people.
“We came to tell you that you are not left alone in this challenging period; we have taken inventories of the extent of damage in Imo and I assure you that government is handling the issue,’’ he said.
The IGP said the team did not only visit burnt police facilities but injured officers as well as others who lost their property to the protest.
Akinmoyede, in his remarks, thanked the IGP’s team for the efforts in completing the arduous assignment within a short period.
He commended the IGP for his support and morale boosting he demonstrated by his personal visit to Imo followed by the visit of the evaluation team.
The police commissioner said the visit was remarkable and assured the IG of added efforts in ensuring the security of Imo residents.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the team inspected 10 police Divisional Headquarters burnt during the protest and addressed the management team of Imo command.
Among the police divisions visited were; Orlu, Orji, Mbaitoli, Ngor-Okpala, Ehime-Mbano, Ahiazu-Mbaise, Aboh-Mbaise, Njaba and Anara among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State