From Salisu Zakari Maradun, Gusau
The pressure being mounted for the former deputy governor of Zamfara, from all indications, earning him a lot of popularity currently in the State, checks by ROYAL NEWS had shown.
It could be recalled that few weeks back, the governor of the State has drawn a battle line between him and his deputy, the misunderstanding that now led to the constituting of a committee to investigate him, which if he is found to be involved in any crime accusing him of committing, impeaching him will only be the solution.
Having found himself in the political crisis of this nature, people from all walks of life began to troop into the house of his father, General Aliyu Gusau to sympathise with him, and at the same time, to assure him of their continued support and loyalty.
According to the checks, prayers are also organized on a daily basis for the prosperity of the deputy governor, while at various towns and villages across the State, hundreds of people could be seen carrying banners of the portrait of the deputy governor.
Many people who talked to our reporter, especially the issue of impeachment, condemned it in totality, blaming the governor on the whole situation.
They also expressed their sadness over what they described as hide-and-seek game played by the governor with aim of diverting the attention of the people of the State on the security matters.
Malan Alkasim Tudun Wada of Gusau local government while contributing his quota, explained that all what transpires in the State is not meant for the common man.
According to him, the current crisis the State witnesses today is only increasing the fire of insecurity, which according to him, will again consume only the less privileged ones.
He further revealed that he is advising the governor to leave all that is in his mind negatively, but instead, concentrate on the issues of securing the State.
Also speaking, Alhaji Tanimu Ibrahim, a grinding machine operator in Mary town, stated that it is not the impeachment of anybody that bothers the State, what worries it now is security, which is known all over the globe.
“Therefore, my advise here is to the governor. He should forget about impeaching his deputy and concentrate on how to forge ahead in uniting the people of the State”, he added.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud