Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, has directed that all clarifications concerning the recent 7.5% VAT deductions on voice calls and text messages be directed to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) being the proper institution for tax matters.
The Minister stated this in a statement issued by his spokesperson, Mrs Uwa Suleiman, after been inundated with complaints and enquiries concerning the recent 7.5% VAT deductions on voice calls and text messages, by some Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).
He noted that the ministry appreciate the support and efforts of well meaning Nigerians who have sought clarifications in a civil manner even as he assured the general public that the issues of VAT, do not fall under the Ministry’s purview.
The statement reads: “The office of the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy is not mandated to handle VAT. In the same vein, we also wish to notify the general public that contrary to popular opinion in some quaters, the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy had no prior consultation or awareness about the development.
“All further enquiries and clarifications may henceforth be directed to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), being the proper institution for tax matters.”
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
- BREAKING….. KWARA BEGINS FUMIGATION OF MARKETS TONIGHT 7-11pm
- COVID-19: Germany Chancellor donates €5.5m to Nigerians
- Ogun governor assures of equality in palliatives distribution
- Saudi Arabia govt imposes 24hrs in Makkah, Madina city
- Coronavirus infection kills Philippines envoy
- Read what new KWASU VC says about his appointment
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen