Indian authorities are holding five persons over their role in the brutalization of a Nigerian national, who was simply identified as Ahmad.
A viral video on Monday had shown an Indian mob beating the 27-year-old Nigeria for allegedly trying to burgle a house, belonging to one Krishan Kumar, in Malviya Nagar.
In the video, Ahmad was seen tied to a pole, while some men, many of whom have been identified by the police, beating him with sticks.
The police registered a case and arrested Kumar and four others in connection with the case on Tuesday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ishwar Singh, told hindustantimes that they were identified on the basis of CCTV footage.
The police questioned Ahmad, who is also in custody on Tuesday. But he refused to cooperate an officer said.
According to the police, Ahmad was found with a wire cutter and a bag with master keys.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project