INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Friday in Gusau, issued Certificates of Return to Dr Dauda Lawal-Dare, Governor-elect of the state and his deputy, Malam Mani Mumuni.
Prof. Sani Kalla, INEC National Commissioner in charge of Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara, also issued certificates of return to the 24 elected members of the State House of Assembly.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 17 of the Assembly members were elected on the platform of the PDP while seven were elected were from the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Lawal-Dare shortly after receiving the certificate, lauded the commission and the electorate for ensuring a successful exercise.
He said that the efforts of the electorate would not be in vain as his administration would change the narrative against the banditry that had ravaged the state.
He urged them to pray for the success of his administration.
NAN reports that INEC on March 21, declared Lawal-Dare of the PDP as winner of the 2023 governorship election.
Lawal-Dare polled 377,726 votes to defeat Gov. Bello Matawalle of the APC who scored 311, 976 votes.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike