The Kwara State Governor-Elect, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and all the 24 elected members of the House of Assembly in the state have been presented with Certificates of Return.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the certificate presentation was conducted at the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) headquarters, Ilorin.
Head security agencies such, Commandant of Immigration, Commandant of Customs Service, Commandant of the Nigeria Security of Civil Defense Corps, Commissioner of Police and , Head of VIO in the state.
Speaking at the event, INEC national commissioner, Alhaji Mohammed Kudu Haruna, disclosed that the gathering reflected the great lesson from the outcome of the peaceful election conducted in the state which produced new leaders in the state.
He also commended the manner at which those who loosed during the polls especially the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, conducted themselves by conceding defeat and embracing the winners.
He however presented Certificate of Return to the Governor-elect, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and his deputy, Mr. Kayode Alabi (in absential).
In his remarks, the Governor-elect, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, disclosed that his administration will not label anyone from the opposition stressing that he would reach out to them for working synergy.
He said: “We shall ensure that we keep the state safe with the understanding that the state belongs to everyone because there are numerous tasks ahead of us.
“I commend INEC and security agencies for ensuring peaceful electoral processes during the last general polls.”
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people