The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it is preparing for a bye-election to replace a member of the Enugu State House of Assembly, late Chijioke Ugwueze, who died recently.
The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Enugu, Dr Emeka Ononamadu, disclosed this to on Wednesday in Enugu.
Ononamadu said that the commission had fixed Oct. 31, 2020 for the conduct of the bye-election to replace the late lawmaker from Isi-Uzo state constituency.
“For now, we are preparing for the bye-election to replace the state lawmaker from Isi-Uzo state constituency.
“More details on the preparation will be communicated very soon,’’ he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Ugwueze died of heart failure, according to family source, on June 19 at age 49.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal