INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Kwara, Malam Garba Attahiru-Madami has disclosed that the Commission has procured a total of 193 new Generators for the Saturday’s elections in the state.
The REC made this known on Tuesday in Ilorin while giving an update for free and fair elections in the state.
The REC was speaking at a dialogue for peaceful election in Kwara organised by the UN in partnership with the National Peace Committee.
Attahiru-Madami said the 193 generators would be deployed to the 193 Registration Areas (RAs) in the state where results would be collated at the Ward level.
The Resident Commissioner said everything was ready for the smooth conduct of election on Saturday.
According to him, all the 15, 545 ad hoc staff including INEC staff that would be used for the elections have been trained.
He also said all security personnel that would take charge of security at all the 2, 859 polling units have also received adequate training on how to be civil on the day of the election.
Attahiru-Madami added that a total of 13, 199 ad hoc staff would be used for the Presidential and National Assembly election while 15, 545 staff would take part in the Governorship and House of Assembly elections.
According to Attahiru-Madami, the Commission has carried out series of sensitisation to educate the people on procedure to follow on Election Day, how to thumb print and fold their ballot papers.
The REC therefore reiterated his preparedness to conduct free, fair, credible and acceptable election that would be applauded by international community.
According to him, he cannot afford to rubbish his reputation he has built over the years by compromising his integrity and that of the Commission.
He told the gathering that smart Card Readers would be used for accreditation of voters adding that they are now 99 percent accurate.
The REC therefore appealed to the people of the state to come out on Saturday to vote for candidates of their choice, adding that their safety is assured.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63