The Independent National Electoral Commission, on Friday, declared the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Douye Diri, as the winner of the November 16 governorship election held in Bayelsa State.
The chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, said the commission would give him the Certificate of Return in compliance with the order of the Supreme Court, which sacked David Lyon 24 hours to his inauguration.
He said INEC would give him the CoR as soon as he comes for it.
As of the time of filing this report, the governor-elect was being expected to receive the CoR.
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded