INEC threatens cancellation of Kogi presidential election results
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has threatened to cancel presidential election results at multiple locations.
Dr Hale Longpet, Kogi Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), sounded the warning while reacting to the crises that erupted in some local government areas. He spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lokoja.
There were reports of thugs interfering with some polling units in Anyigba and Dekina in the Kogi East and Mopa in the Kogi West, as well as parts of Kogi Central, where voting materials were allegedly carted away by thugs.
“You know the electoral Law says that where there is a disruption to the process, the result will be cancelled, Longpet said.
Similar incidents were reported at Edo and some other locations.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG