The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai has described the Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI) as the nucleus of military operations and important in achieving the training mandate of the army.
Buratai spoke on Saturday at the ground breaking ceremony for the building of the headquarters of the school at Jaji Cantonment in Kaduna.
He said the school had gone beyond its primary role of churning out trainees of infantry courses to engage in wide range of tasks central to the accomplishment of the army’s roles, especially the fight against terrorism.
“It is therefore pertinent the Nigerian Army provides befitting structures and conducive environment for the officers and soldiers, who are the forefront of achieving these roles
“I am pleased to note that the hitherto notion being held by officers and soldiers that Jaji is a punishment ground has become a thing of the past”, he said.
According to him, over the past two years, attempts have been made at improving the living, learning and training conditions in the school.
The sum of N17.5 million was realised at the ceremony, ROYAL NEWS gathered.
While Commander, Infantry Corps and Corps Commander Engineer donated N4 million each, the General Officers Commanding 1, 2, 6 and 82 Divisions of the Nigerian Army donated N3 million, N3.5 million, N4 million and N3 million, respectively.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign