An outburst of fire razed about 21 shops at Fish Market in Maiduguri on Sunday night.
Mr Ambursa Pindar, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of Borno State Fire Service, disclosed this in Maiduguri on Monday.
He advised traders to exercise caution in their use of electrical appliances, saying shop owners should always remember to switch off such appliances when leaving the market.
Pindar also stressed the importance of keeping fire extinguishers in their shops, saying they could use them to save lives and property in the event of any fire outbreak.
NAN reports that the fire started at about 10:30 p.m. and lasted for about three hours, destroying property worth millions of naira.
A NAN Correspondent, who visited the market, reports that fish and other essential commodities went up in flames.
The affected traders were seen collecting ruminants of their property from the rubbles. (NAN)
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate