The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara State, Akogun Iyiola Oyedepo, has said that he received the news of an order of injunction on the party as funny because the party was not served with any court process.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Oyedepo said this in Ilorin on Wednesday in a statement signed by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Dr Rex Olawoye.
“We heard as a rumor that an ex parte order of injunction has just been issued against the State Executive of the Kwara Chapter of PDP by an Ilorin High Court.
“The injunction may be to stop the Chairman and perhaps other members of the Executive from parading themselves as the authentic Kwara State Executive of the PDP.
“This injunction if true, must have been issued by the honorable court in error. This is because we have never been issued and served with any court process in respect of any case,” Olawoye said.
According to Olawoye, there was a case of litigation in respect of PDP congress conducted on November 13, 2017 which was filed at the Federal High Court by Prince Sunday Adeniran Fagbemi and others since December, 2017.
He said that the case was thrown out by that court on the 31st day of May 31, 2018.
“Instead of the Plaintiff, Prince Fagbemi and company to go on appeal, they decided to take the same case to a State High Court.
“The court has never served us court process so that the matter can be heard on merit; as there is no urgency to warrant an ex parte application in a matter that was instituted more than eight months
“The only thing we hear is an order of injunction to stop our Executive that has been a torn in the flesh of the power that be from functioning,” Olawoye added.
Olawoye therefore appealed to PDP members and supporters to be calm as legal process will be set in motion to vacate the order of injunction forthwith.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption