The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has restated commitment to the mandate of the Ministry under his watch to continue to maintain the Nigerian Armed Forces in a state of combat readiness on land, sea and air.
General Magashi stated this in a message to the 2021 Chief of Army Staff Conference held at Army Command Officers Mess, Asokoro, Abuja, according to a statement by the Special Assistant to the Minister on Media and Publicity, Mohammed AbdulKadir.
The Defence Minister who was represented at the ceremony by the Director Army Affairs Ministry of Defence Mr. Sunday Attah directed
the fighting forces in joint operations to be resolute in clearing the doubts of the insurgents to end all threats to the country’s territorial integrity.
He lauded the commitment of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces President Muhammadu Buhari towards Walking- The- Talk in equipping the Military to end insecurity in parts of the country.
While commiserating with the armed forces and families of the personnel who paid the supreme price, he implored service chiefs to ensure that those wounded in action are given best medical attention.
The Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya in his opening address captured the very essence of the theme of the conference which is : “Building Nigerian Army Capacity in Combating Emerging Security Threats in a joint Operational Environment”.
Yahaya appreciated the support of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari and thanked the Minister for standing by the service through thick and tin in promoting synergy with other services in battles.
The Chief of Army Staff later led the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Leo Irabor, who represented the special guest of honour, President Muhammadu Buhari and other guests on outdoor inspection of military hardwares locally produced from start to finish and other exhibited accoutrements and equipment at the pavilion.
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators