The Youth Wing Christian Association of Nigeria (YOWICAN) has told youths in communities being attacked by armed herdsmen to ‘defend’ themselves.
YOWICAN’s national chairman, Belusochukwu Enwere, in a statement on Sunday, August 29 said acts like the recent massacre in Plateau State must stop with immediate effect, as people must now defend themselves against such attacks.
He said: “I condemn in totality the gruesome killings of over 35 Plateau citizens especially Christians on August 25 in a midnight attack where houses and churches and primary school in Kunga of Zangam were burnt. This is not acceptable to Nigerian no matter the tribe, religion and ethnicity.
“…Evidently, Nigeria is sliding into anarchy where religion, ethnic and terrorism are spreading like wildfire.
“The scars of all these killings would never be erased in our minds. Today it’s Plateau, another is Kaduna, Benue etc. All these killings must stop.
“Christian youths across the country and indeed Nigerians should defend themselves against these killers before we are all consumed. This is unacceptable and condemnable.”
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi