Insecurity issue in Nigeria has led Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State to order all native doctors and traditional medicine dealers to register with the state government and the police, report says.
Umahi however gave them gave ultimatum of seven days, ROYAL NEWS reports, after the weekly state security council meeting in Abakaliki, the state capital.
The governor warned those who disregard his directive would be arrested and made to face the wrath of the law.
He said there would be an executive order to this effect, and anyone caught doing otherwise would be arrested and prosecuted.
The governor further noted that all wake-keeps and other social activities in the state must end by 6 p.m, as he directed council chairmen and security agents to enforce the order.
Defaulters would be fined the sum of one million Naira.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment