By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
Coalition of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), Kaduna State chapter has called on the state Governor, Mallam Nasiru Ahmad El-Rufai, to resign saying he has failed to secure the lives and property of the citizenry which is the cardinal constitutional responsibility of any government.
The state chairman of the coalition, Alhaji Shehu Abubakar Birningwari, in a statement in Kaduna said, “the confession of Governor Nasiru Ahmad El-Rufai that he has failed the state and her people, leaves him with no other option but to resign to allow competent people take the state out of the daily killings El-Rufai has drawn it to.”
Alhaji Birnin-Gwari said Kaduna has become a state in perpetual mourning as citizens lived in perpetual fear of kidnapping for ransom, abduction, killings on daily basis among others.
He explained that; “for El-Rufai to have said he knows the camps of the terrorists, he knows where they are, he listens to their conversation and knows what they plan, is an indictment of a leader who should have proactiveely acted on such intelligence to save lives and property”.
The coalition chairman added that “the statement by Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi who is an ally of El-Rufai that ‘first as leaders, they owe the victims and their relatives an apology as these unwarranted acts of violence are becoming too regular and it basically question their collective capacity to govern, is more than a pointer that Governor El-Rufai is an abysmal failure and resignation is his only option.
Birnin Gwari elaborated that: “the unity of voice and stand of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and Council of Imams and Ulamas Kaduna State chapters which stated that “On the contrary, the government and her intelligence gathering happens to be more about setting scores with perceived foes’ and ‘the government must be held responsible for every single soul that is lost” are indictments on Governor El-Rufai.
While sympathizing with the families of those who lost loved ones in various attacks across the state and beyond, Abubakar Birnin-Gwari prays for quick recovery of those injured calling on the government to wake up from its slumber and rescue those in captivity.
The coalition chairman advised citizens to be vigilant and not be fooled by the crocodile tears and late visit to terrorists ravaged areas by the governor who abandoned them when they needed his presence at the time the terrorists were raining terror on them.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74