Nigeria’s Defense Minister, Major Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd) has reiterated the need for the nation to forge ahead in her resolve to adopt globally acceptable standard in cutting-edge technologies in the management of the nation’s security and defence architecture.
He disclosed this in a lecture titled : Defence Management in the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Nigeria : Ministry of Defence in Perspective.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the 38 paged paper which was delivered at the National Defence College Abuja to Course participants chronicled the Federal Government’s techniques for forecasting, planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling human, physical and information management matrix to achieve national security.
Represented by his Special Adviser (Technical Matters), Major General Ahmed Tijani Jibrin (rtd), the Minister referenced models of some advanced countries and breakthroughs in the management of their defence systems.
Magashi said: “The Federal Government has keyed into cutting- edge technologies of the fourth Industrial Revolution ( 4IR) to comprehensively defeat all adversaries currently disturbing the peace of the Country.”
He further described the defence Ministry as a highly complex organisation not minding the size of the national armed forces pointing out that the modern defence institution is a product of the socio – political and economic functions of the state.
The minister also identified some fundamental pillars of defence management to include policy formulation, and implementation as well as core processes like finance, acquisition and human resources.
- COAS commissions projects at NAIC Hdqtrs (PHOTOS)
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative