The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, (MACBAN), has said the association is not in support of the killings in Zamfara State.
The MACBAN Chairman in Taraba State, Alhaji Mohammed Sahabi, stated this in Jalingo while speaking with journalists. He denied reports they were offered N100bn by the Federal Government to help stop bandits from killing people in parts of the country.
He noted that the association was worried about the security challenges facing the country and could not at the same time support killings.
He said, “Members of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria are human beings like any other Nigerians. How can we support killings?
“As part of efforts to find lasting solutions to the killings in the country, we recently held a meeting in Birnin Kebbi where we discussed how to improve the security of the nation.
“I was surprised when I read in the newspapers that we were offered N100bn to stop killings in the country.
“We sponsored ourselves to the meeting and nobody gave us any money, even for our welfare.”
Sahabi called for new strategies to fight insecurity in the country, saying peace remained the best way to attain development in the land.
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe