The leadership of the Senate has met with security chiefs over the insecurity in the country.
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan in his remarks expressed satisfaction with the high level of remarkable difference in the security of the country, adding that the country becoming a comfortable place.
He explained that there is no administration that has invested in the national security than the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Senate President however noted that the security agencies are trying their best but urged them to do more.
He also stated that the insecurity which affected the nation’s economy as there was no direct investment to boost the economy is almost calm.
He stressed further that security agencies are now doing more to curb crude oil theft urging them to sit tight in the interest of national development.
The Chief of Defence Staff , General Lucky Irabor who spoke onbehalf of other service chiefs said the issue of national security must be seen from collective perspective while commending the Senate leadership for initiating the parley.
He also told the Senate leadership that quite a lot has been done to improve security across the country.
The meeting later went into close session for further security details.
The roll call at the meeting includes the Chief of Defence Staff, Lucky Irabor; Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, and Chief Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao.
The Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba; the Director General of the State Security Service, Mr. Yusuf Magaji Bichi; the Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Dr Ahmed Abubakar Audi and the Director General of Nigeria’s – National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
The National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno, was said to be attending the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate