The leadership of the Senate has met with security chiefs over the rising insecurity in the country.
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan in his remarks expressed disappointment with the high level of insecurity adding that no country can be comfortable with insecurity.
He lamented that there is no administration that has invested in the national security than the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Senate President however noted that the security agencies are trying their best but urged them to do more.
He also stated that the inseurity is already affecting the nation’s economy as there is no direct investment to boost the economy.
He stressed further that security agencies are doing little to curb crude oil theft urging them to sit tight in the interest of national development.
The Chief of Defence Staff , General Lucky Irabor who spoke onbehalf of other service chiefs said the issue of national security must be seen from collective perspective while commending the Senate leadership for initiating the parley.
He also told the Senate leadership that quite a lot has been done to improve security across the country.
The meeting later went into close session for further security details.
The roll call at the meeting includes the Chief of Defence Staff, Lucky Irabor; Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, and Chief Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao.
The Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba; the Director General of the State Security Service, Mr. Yusuf Magaji Bichi; the Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Dr Ahmed Abubakar Audi and the Director General of Nigeria’s – National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
The National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno, was said to be attending the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74