Israel Adesanya’s ex-girlfriend demands half of his wealth
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight title holder Israel Adesanya is set for controversy as reports emerged that his ex-girlfriend is demanding half of his net worth.
Adesanya and the woman, reportedly Charlotte Powdrell were never married but dated for a very long time.
On a podcast, UFC fighter Sean O’Malley was not impressed with the demands issued to Adesanya by the woman.
On his podcast, he said, “They are not married right they were never married I didn’t believe it she want’s half of his s*t.
“I don’t know how their relationship was ever because I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend, but to want half of his s*t to want half of what he’s gone out there and done is absolutely ridiculous.
“I mean it’s hard to say who knows maybe if they were together for 15 years since the beginning and she didn’t work because she was constantly making him food massage and at the gym doing all this stuff for him.”
Adesanya through his skill as an elite fighter along with incredible business acumen has been able to build an empire.
The woman believes that she has a stake in Adesanya’s wealth for supporting him through the years to become UFC Champion.
While the specifics surrounding their finances and partnership are private, her legal action has ignited a discussion about what’s fair and deserved.
Most followers and commentators seem to agree with Adesanya and O’Malley here, feeling she is improperly trying to gain from his fame and fortune rather than the time and devotion they shared.
While some maintain she may have a legitimate claim if their agreement and the assistance she offered can be verified, it’s still uncertain how the lawsuit will turn out in the end.
The case has shown that even the most successful athletes aren’t free from personal and money issues.
This situation is improbable to divert Adesanya’s focus from his upcoming title defense against the winner of Dricus du Plessis and Robert Whittaker, but it’s been an embarrassing furor he could’ve done without.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike