Hours after the inauguration on Monday, Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation, announced on his Twitter handle that Alake has been appointed as the president’s spokesperson.
But speaking on the issue with TheCable, the former director of strategic communication of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign, said the news of his appointment was fake.
“It was fake news. I’m always surprised when news people failed to recognise fake unsigned stories,” Alake said.
Alake was the commissioner for information and strategy in Lagos between 1999 and 2007 when Tinubu was the governor of the state.
In 2014, he was appointed as the director of media and communication of the Buhari campaign organisation – his return to national politics after a brief hiatus from public roles.
As a journalist, Akale worked with Concord Press publishers as a writer and editor. After a year, he became a columnist in the National Concord and served in that capacity until 1989.
He was appointed editor of Sunday Concord in the same year and held the position till 1995 before becoming the editor of the National Concord.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption