The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr Ali Ahmad has clarified that he has not declared his intention to contest the governorship of the state or any other elective position, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The speaker stressed that what he said during an interview session with some journalists on national issues in Ilorin, was to decry undue emphasis on governorship alone, and that he was open to serve his people at local, state, national and even under the United Nations Organisation.
The Speaker, in a Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, AbdulRahman Sanni, on Wednesday further disclosed that what he said was that,as a citizen of the country, he would be willing to serve in any public office only if the people of the state, hierarchy and stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress(APC)considered him worthy of such position.
He said what is important to him for now is continue to make the legislature under his watch, to provide platform for good governance and responsive to the yearnings of the people of the state.
Ahmad cautioned media practitioners against sensationalism, in order not to over heat the nation’s polity.
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities