The management of Jaiz Bank has given the sum of N400million to the Niger state government for the development of the city center of Minna.
A statement by Lawal Tanko, Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the State Government of Niger, SSG, in Minna, on Thursday, said that the check was delivered to Ahmed Matane, the SSG by Mohammed Sirajo, Executive Director, Jaiz Bank.
Matane said the development of the dying downtown of Minna would enhance the state’s socioeconomic growth.
The downtown Minna project, located in the heart of Minna, he said, remained an eyesore and required the government to improve the economic situation and well-being of the people by putting the site to viable economic use.
Earlier, Mr. Sirajo said that the partnership between the Niger state government and Jaiz Bank was here to stay, adding that the project would be completed in six months.
Jaiz Bank would spend around N3.5 billion to build a shopping complex, a modern underground parking lot, a modern gas station, warehouses and neighborhood stores, among others, in the center of the city of Minna.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA
- Kwara Gov greets Olofa of Offa at 59