The management of Jaiz Bank has given the sum of N400million to the Niger state government for the development of the city center of Minna.
A statement by Lawal Tanko, Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the State Government of Niger, SSG, in Minna, on Thursday, said that the check was delivered to Ahmed Matane, the SSG by Mohammed Sirajo, Executive Director, Jaiz Bank.
Matane said the development of the dying downtown of Minna would enhance the state’s socioeconomic growth.
The downtown Minna project, located in the heart of Minna, he said, remained an eyesore and required the government to improve the economic situation and well-being of the people by putting the site to viable economic use.
Earlier, Mr. Sirajo said that the partnership between the Niger state government and Jaiz Bank was here to stay, adding that the project would be completed in six months.
Jaiz Bank would spend around N3.5 billion to build a shopping complex, a modern underground parking lot, a modern gas station, warehouses and neighborhood stores, among others, in the center of the city of Minna.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo