The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has listed it’s top five highest scorers from the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The board’s Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin disclosed this in a statement and made available to newsmen on Sunday, in Abuja.
Benjamin listed Galadima Zakari from Biu in Borno State, who sat for the examination in Ogun as the candidate with the highest score with 364.
” After Galadima is Adekunle Jesufemi from Ogun State who sat for his examination in Abeokuta and scored 358; third position is Alikah Oseghale from Edo State who sat for the examination in Ekpoma and scored 357.
” Forth is Ademola Adetola from Ogun State who sat for the examination in Lagos and scored 355.
” While Akinyemi Paul from Ogun state, who wrote his examination in Lagos, Ape Moses from Benue who wrote the examination in Makurdi and Obi-Obuoha Abiamamela from Rivers who wrote the examination in Port Harcourt came fifth with a tie score of 354.”
Benjamin said that the information became necessary and to put the records in proper perspective following a circulated misinformation by some quarters.
According to him, the attention of the board was drawn to publications that Ape Moses from Benue came top in the entire exercise, adding that the was untrue and incorrect.
He however explained that Moses with 354 score was the highest scorer from Benue State and the entire North Central.
Benjamin added that it was imperative to set the records straight in order to ensure that the public is not mislead by unverified report.
He said: ” The Board appeals to all interested individuals and organisations who would want to use its data for research, reportage and other national necessary disposition to always contact it for accurate and up to date information.
” This is so as not to misdirect the public into taking wrong and misleading conclusions.
” Our doors are always open to any request especially when the nation would be the ultimate beneficiary.”
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house