Seasoned rapper and showbiz magnate, Jay Z has opened up some deep personal issues.
In an interview with New York Times, the 47-year-old confessed to executive editor, Dean Baquet, the rapper opens up about therapy, and the issues that led to him to being unfaithful in his marriage to Beyoncé.
Jay-Z reveals that he was able to find a good therapist through friends of his.
“I grew so much from the experience,” he shares. “But I think the most important thing I got is that everything is connected.
Every emotion is connected and it comes from somewhere. And just being aware of it.
Being aware of it in everyday life puts you at such a … you’re at such an advantage.
You know, you realize that if someone’s racist toward you, it ain’t about you.
It’s about their upbringing and what happened to them, and how that led them to this point.
You know, most bullies bully. It just happens. ‘Oh, you got bullied as a kid so you trying to bully me.’ I understand.”
“And once I understand that, instead of reacting to that with anger, I can provide a softer landing and maybe, ‘Aw, man, is you O.K.?’” he continues.
“I was just saying there was a lot of fights in our neighborhood that started with, ‘What you looking at? Why you looking at me? You looking at me?’ And then you realize: ‘Oh, you think I see you.
You’re in this space where you’re hurting, and you think I see you, so you don’t want me to look at you. And you don’t want me to see you.’”
Jay-Z says it’s this attitude that led him to “shut down emotionally” when it came to his relationships, specifically, with women.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders