The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Lawan Shiisu, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse.
Shiisu said the victim, a resident of Runguma village, committed the offence on Aug. 6.
He explained that the victim allegedly commuted the offence after she became aware of her husband’s plan to remarry his ex-wife.
The PPRO added that the police, upon receipt of the information, moved to the scene and rushed the victim to Federal University Teaching Hospital, Dutse, for medical attention.
“On Friday, at about 10:00hrs, information was received by the police that one Maimuna Wadaji of Rungumau village, Dutse LGA, attempted suicide, where she bathed with petrol and put fire on herself.
“And later shouted and called for help where she was rushed to FUD Teaching Hospital Dutse for treatment,” the police spokesman said.
According to him, the victim will be charged to court as soon as she is discharged from the hospital.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling