The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Lawan Shiisu, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse.
Shiisu said the victim, a resident of Runguma village, committed the offence on Aug. 6.
He explained that the victim allegedly commuted the offence after she became aware of her husband’s plan to remarry his ex-wife.
The PPRO added that the police, upon receipt of the information, moved to the scene and rushed the victim to Federal University Teaching Hospital, Dutse, for medical attention.
“On Friday, at about 10:00hrs, information was received by the police that one Maimuna Wadaji of Rungumau village, Dutse LGA, attempted suicide, where she bathed with petrol and put fire on herself.
“And later shouted and called for help where she was rushed to FUD Teaching Hospital Dutse for treatment,” the police spokesman said.
According to him, the victim will be charged to court as soon as she is discharged from the hospital.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal