The Jigawa State Police Command has arrested three suspected armed robbers who had been terrorizing the residents of Kazaure Local Government Area of the state.
The command’s Spokesman, SP. Abdu Jinjiri, who paraded the suspects before newsmen in Dutse on Wednesday said the suspects were arrested along Kazaure-Daura road. Read also: Man forced to drink water used in bathing dead brother
He explained that the suspects, hailed from Kusada, Kankiya and Malumfashi Local Government Areas of Katsina State.
“On September 22, our officers in Kazaure local government area received a distress call that there were some armed robbers who blocked the Kazaure-Daura road and were robbing motorists.
“We swiftly moved to the scene and luckily enough we arrested three of them. They were arrested in collaboration with the residents of the area.
“During their arrest, cutlasses, sacks of rice, sticks and some amount of money they allegedly collected from the motorists were recovered from them,” Jinjiri said. Read also: Afghanistan’s only female governor Impeached
The spokesman added that investigation into the case was on and that they would be charged to court afterward.
It will be recalled that the command had on Sept. 20 arrested three other suspects in Dutse after they allegedly robbed a widow of N80,000. (NAN)
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi