The authorities of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) are allegedly selling job opportunities at the institution to prospective buyers at mind-boggling sums, PRNigeria has gathered.
Government contractors, it was also gathered, are the ones influencing the appointments apart from nominations from top public functionaries at federal and the state levels.
The job slots, according to sources are being sold for as much as 1.5 million Naira.
The sources, who prefer anonymity, told PRNigeria that staff in the office of the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Aliyu Shugaba and the Registrar, Tijjani Bukar are deeply involved in the sale of the employment letters.
One of the sources explained that the appointment letters issued to some of ‘beneficiaries’ mostly for non-academic jobs this month were backdated to 2018.
He said: “Some of the new recruits received their appointment letters on Friday, and by Sunday, they were enrolled into the IPPIS, while several other staff who have received their employment letter since 2020 at the university, are yet to be enrolled.”
Attempts to speak to the UNIMAID Vice-Chancellor Professor Shugaba were abortive as call and text messages sent to his phone were not responded to
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo