Juno star, Elliot Page formerly known as Ellen Page has reportedly filed for divorce from wife Emma Portner, less than two months after coming out publicly as transgender.
The Umbrella Academy star filed legal documents seeking the dissolution of their three-years marriage in Manhattan on Tuesday, according to TMZ.
The pair reportedly met through social media after Emma caught Elliot’s eye when the Canadian actor stumbled upon one of her dancing videos. They went on to tie the knot in January 2018 in a secret ceremony with the actor later announcing on Instagram: ‘Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife.’
News of their divorce comes two months after Page came out as transgender in a powerful social media post, in which he announced his pronouns are he/they.
‘I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self. I’ve been endlessly inspired by so many in the trans community. Thank you for your courage, your generosity and ceaselessly working to make this world a more inclusive and compassionate place,’ he wrote.
‘I will offer whatever support I can and continue to strive for a more loving and equal society.’
Emma Portner is a dancer and choreopgrapher who is currently listed as a contemporary jazz teacher at New York’s Broadway Dance Center. She has also featured in a number of Justin Bieber music videos and live shows.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends