By Richard Akintade, Osogbo.
There was unrest over the weekend at Kelebe Community in Osogbo, Osun State due to a letter that spread the area by unidentified people informing the residents about the proposed visit by the armed robbers.
The letter which was written in Yoruba language was circulated widely in the community which made the residents to be apprehensive about the scheduled armed robbery attack.
A copy of the letter from one of the landlords in the community which was made available to Royal News on Sunday in Osogbo hinted that some people have started relocating from the community because of the proposed robbery attack.
According to the spokesperson of Kelebe Landlords Association, Mr Hakeem Bolarinwa while briefing newsmen, the warning was real and called on police and other security agencies in the state to be proactive by setting up necessary security machineries that would ensure the safety of residents of the area.
While commenting over the issue, the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Fimihan Adeoye promised to deployed policemen to the area while enjoying the residents of the mentioned area and the entire people of the State not to panic over the purported letter.
The CP who spoke through the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Folasade Odoro, emphasized that police detective would investigate the supposedly armed robber’s notification letter.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption