By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has directed all those partnering with the state government in the on-going Infrastructure Development projects across the state to source for fund and complete the various projects on time and to specifications.
The Governor who gave the directive while reacting to a complaint by a contractor during his inspection tour of projects at N3.7b Geri Alimi Split Diamond Interchange and Egbejila Airport road, Ilorin, assured them of prompt payment under the Infrastructure Development Fund (IFK).
According to the governor, “we don’t see you as contractors any more, but as partners. We expect that you raise funds, invest your money into the projects while we pay back through the Infrastructure funding arrangement (IFK). With that understanding, you should be able to create cash flow that will sooth this projects and take it to completion”.
Gov Ahmed noted that the partners are committed to the funding window saying they have assured him that they will take all the on-going projects to completion level within the time schedule.
Mean while, the governor has directed commissioner for works, Alhaji Aro Yahaya to incorporate differences in the project sum of the partner handling Egbejila Airport road to the existing funding arrangement stressing that the project must be finished as at when due.
At the Geri-Alimi Diamond Spilt Underpass, Governor Ahmed expressed delight over the commencement of project, saying that he would be willing to see the completion of the project.
The Consultant in charge of the project, Engineer Bashir Lawal of BAL Engineering Limited said the contractor was already constructing the retaining wall with one hundred meters deep.
Engr. Lawal explained that Contractor’s momentum was high and assured that the project would be executed in line with specifications.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants