By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has directed all those partnering with the state government in the on-going Infrastructure Development projects across the state to source for fund and complete the various projects on time and to specifications.
The Governor who gave the directive while reacting to a complaint by a contractor during his inspection tour of projects at N3.7b Geri Alimi Split Diamond Interchange and Egbejila Airport road, Ilorin, assured them of prompt payment under the Infrastructure Development Fund (IFK).
According to the governor, “we don’t see you as contractors any more, but as partners. We expect that you raise funds, invest your money into the projects while we pay back through the Infrastructure funding arrangement (IFK). With that understanding, you should be able to create cash flow that will sooth this projects and take it to completion”.
Gov Ahmed noted that the partners are committed to the funding window saying they have assured him that they will take all the on-going projects to completion level within the time schedule.
Mean while, the governor has directed commissioner for works, Alhaji Aro Yahaya to incorporate differences in the project sum of the partner handling Egbejila Airport road to the existing funding arrangement stressing that the project must be finished as at when due.
At the Geri-Alimi Diamond Spilt Underpass, Governor Ahmed expressed delight over the commencement of project, saying that he would be willing to see the completion of the project.
The Consultant in charge of the project, Engineer Bashir Lawal of BAL Engineering Limited said the contractor was already constructing the retaining wall with one hundred meters deep.
Engr. Lawal explained that Contractor’s momentum was high and assured that the project would be executed in line with specifications.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List