Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has assured Kwarans of even deployment of critical infrastructure for the overall development of the state.
Governor Ahmed gave this assurance on Monday at Omu-Aran, the headquarters of Irepodun Local government area of the state while flagging off the reconstructed Olomu-Agan-Oru road facilitated by a member representing Irepodun, Ekiti, Oke-Ero and Isin Federal Constituency, Mrs. Funke Adedoyin.
According to the governor, no section of the state will be disadvantaged in the distribution of amenities.
The governor who announced that new road projects would be executed by the present administration through the Infrastructure Development Fund (IF-K) across the state, said there are key critical projects being funded under the IF-K, noting that all the ongoing and new projects would be completed before he leaves office in 2019.
“As of now, IFK funded projects include the Geri- Alimi Split Diamond Interchange, which is the first project to be funded under the Kwara State Infrastructure Development Fund (IFK). Other ongoing projects positioned towards the infrastructural development of Kwara State are Share-Oke Ode Road, Anilelerin Road, Offa, and the dualization of Kulende-UITH-Oke Ose road, Ilorin,” the governor said.
According to the governor, infrastructure is a key component of sustainable development and “government will spare no effort in bridging identified gaps for economic growth of the state “.
Speaking at the occasion, the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki congratulated Mrs. Funke Adedoyin for giving back to the society.
Also speaking, the Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Charles Oladele appreciated the lawmaker for the gesture and advised her to consider other local government areas in the constituency.
In her address, the facilitator of the Project and member representing Irepodun, Ekiti, Oke-Ero and Isin Federal Constituency, Mrs. Funke Adedoyin said the 2.5km road cut across three wards of Omu-Aran which she said would serve as an arterial road to connect the road which links Oke-Ero and Ekiti local government areas.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List