The sum of N937, 572, 974.09 has been released by Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State to contractors handling various infrastructural projects across the State ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
The amount represents the third quarter payment under the Kwara Infrastructure Development (IF-K) payment grid for completed, ongoing and new projects.
This was contained in statement issued on Sunday by the State Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Demola Banu. He stated that the payment would be made to the contractors in September.
Banu, who noted that the release of the funds is to ensure that the ongoing projects and new projects are completed on schedule, added that the money will also cover payment for some completed projects.
He listed some of the beneficiary projects to include construction of Arandun-Rore Ipetu road, Ilesha-Baruba-Gwanara road, Share-Oke Ode road (section 1 & 2), Arobadi-Megida road, Offa-Ira road, Ilala bridge, Erin Ile-Ilemona road, College of Engineering Building (phase 1) and construction of Oko Idofin-Odo Ase road.
Others are rehabilitation of Egbejila road, Ilorin, Oke-Opin township road, Anilelerin-Ita Erin road, Offa, Old Garage Central Mosque Mission road, Agbabiaka road, Gaa Akanbi Ilorin, Offa-Ipee road, Ilorin water supply and reticulation network, channelization network of Ita-Alamu village as well as the ongoing repositioning of the state-owned media houses.
The Commissioner revealed that after all the scheduled payments for September are made, 8 additional projects would have been fully paid off and dropped off the IF-K payment grid.
He called on the contractors handling the various ongoing projects spread across the State to fast-track their completion and make sure that the projects are executed in accordance with contractual agreement and specifications.
Banu restated the determination of the Ahmed-led administration to complete all ongoing and new projects before the expiration of the administration in 2019.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign