By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has urged the people of the state as well as Nigerians to continue to live in peace and harmony as it is the sure way to national development.
The Governor stated this on Sunday when the Emir of Minna, Alhaji (Dr) Umaru Farouk Bahago and members of his Emirate Council paid him a sallah homage at the Government House in Minna, the state capital to mark this year’s Eid- El-Kabir.
Governor Sani Bello disclosed that though the state is one of the states in the country that enjoy relative peace despite ethnic diversity and the security challenges faced by the state it has been able to manage the situation.
“Niger state is one of the states in the country that enjoy relative peace despite differences in tribe and religion. We have enjoyed relative peace in the state even though we have our own challenges the security agencies have done very well in managing cases of kidnapping and theft and have made arrest of high profile kidnappers”.
The governor then advised the people of the state to embrace farming by taking part in the ongoing Central Bank of Nigeria Anchor Borrower’s scheme adding that it will help improve their standard of living as it will serve as a source of income to them and improve the economy of the state.
Earlier, Emir of Minna, Alh (Dr.) Umaru Farouk Bahago had called for peaceful coexistence among the people of the state adding that they should shun evil, be prayerful and focus on godly things rather than things of the world.
He commended the state government on the success of the investment summit held recently in the state adding that the emirate would continue to support the administration to ensure the development of the state.
The emir has also urged the people of the state to engage in agricultural activities to improve the economy.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal