Acting President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) has been commended for rejecting the newly constructed official residence in his honour.
This was contained in a statement issued on Monday by the National Coordinator of the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria, (MMWGN), Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS.
According to the statement, “The report from the Presidency that Vice-President Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo has rejected the new official residence being constructed for him is heart-warming. It should be recalled that the structure which commenced during the tenure of the last administration has so far gulped about N7 billion.
“The stance of the Vice-President is highly commendable and reflects the true nature of his personality as a religious person with high integrity.
“The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria commends the Federal Government for its decision to use the Vice-President’s Building for another purpose and appeal to the Administration to look into other areas of financial recklessness like that in Ministries, Commissions, Boards and other Agencies of FG and stop reckless wastage of public funds on unviable project.”
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others