Acting President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) has been commended for rejecting the newly constructed official residence in his honour.
This was contained in a statement issued on Monday by the National Coordinator of the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria, (MMWGN), Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS.
According to the statement, “The report from the Presidency that Vice-President Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo has rejected the new official residence being constructed for him is heart-warming. It should be recalled that the structure which commenced during the tenure of the last administration has so far gulped about N7 billion.
“The stance of the Vice-President is highly commendable and reflects the true nature of his personality as a religious person with high integrity.
“The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria commends the Federal Government for its decision to use the Vice-President’s Building for another purpose and appeal to the Administration to look into other areas of financial recklessness like that in Ministries, Commissions, Boards and other Agencies of FG and stop reckless wastage of public funds on unviable project.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector