By Aboje Anefu, Makurdi
NO fewer than four members of St. Francis Catholic Church, Nyiekaa, Owner Occupier Quarters, Makurdi, reportedly lost their lives when a Toyota Hiace bus conveying mourners from a burial rammed into a tree immediately after NYSC Orientation Camp, Wanune, Tarka Local Government Area of Benue State.
ROYAL NEWS rpeots that the accident which took place about 11:48hours on Thursday was attributed to over speeding.
About 15 other inmates of the vehicle, all women, who sustained injuries have been taken to St. Christopher Hospital and NKST Hospital, both in Wanune for treatment.
When contacted, the Sector Commander of Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, Yakubu Mohammed, said of the 19 in the vehicle,18 were females.
Mr. Mohammed said both the injured and the dead have been taken to the above named hospials.
“Over speeding caused the accident. It happened one kilometer after NYSC Orientation Camp, Annunne,” Mohammed said.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS