The returning officer for the primaries, Mr Isah Ahmed, said this when he announced the results on Wednesday in Dutse.
Another former Nigerian Governor’s son has emerged as governorship candiate of his state.
He is Alhaji Mustapha Lamido, the son of former Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa. He emerged the state Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for 2023 poll.
Ahmed said that Mustapha scored 829 out of the 832 votes cast to win the primaries, adding that Alhaji Saleh Shehu, placed second with zero vote.
He congratulated the winner of the election, party delegates as well as party members whose conduct made the election hitch free.
The state PDP Chairman, Alhaji Babandi Ibrahim, said the party would strive hard to present credible candidate for the governorship seat in the state, who would help to restore the lost glory of the state.
Mustapha expressed joy at the victory.
“I most sincerely accept this nomination with humility, modesty and determination,” he said.
He described the congress as historic.
“As we move to the next stage of campaign and elections, I ask you to trust me, work with me, campaign with me and vote for me so that we can make the state great again. And I can on you to come out massively to vote for PDP.
“I urge all of us to avoid politics of division and disunity. The interest of the state is far and above any personal or sectional interest.
“To our traditional rulers and elders, I have great respect for them and will consult them regularly on issues that will assist in moving the state forward. I pledge to campaign peacefully, but vigorously, I therefore as for your support and prayers,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ