Ahead of the forthcoming Eid-el-Fitr sallah festival, President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday disclosed that he would observe the two rakat nafilah along with his family, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This is coming as the Presidency announced the cancellation of this year’s Eid-el-Fitr homage to President Muhammadu Buhari by various communities.
According to a statement the issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, “President would be conducting a private Eid prayers with his family to mark the end of the month-long Ramadan fasting.
“The changes in the pattern of celebrating the Eid-el-Fitr this year were both in obedience to new rules to help in combatting the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure social distancing.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner