By Nanchang Paul, Jos
Some suspected gunmen in the early hours of Saturday broke into the Gindiri residence of the Plateau State Commissioner for Environment, Usman Bamaiyi, and abducted his wife and daughter.
The Commissioner is also one of the aspirants contesting for the Mangu-Bokkos Federal Constituency seat in House of Representatives on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
This is coming barely one week after a similar incident occurred in the same Gindiri community of Mangu Local Government Area of where an elderly woman with her daughter were abducted along with two pastors.
A source within the community, Sani Musa, who spoke to our correspondent said the Gindiri general area is under seige as bandits and terrorist elements have continued to terrorise citizens without any signs of relief in sight.
The Plateau State Police Command who confirmed the incident through its spokesperson, ASP Gabriel Ubah said men of the Command are already on the trail of the abductors to ensure safe rescue and release of the victims.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated